Record Day For St. Ben’s Runner
UNDATED (WJON News) -- A College of St. Benedict athlete made history Saturday. Cross Country runner Fiona Smith won the NCAA Division 3 individual title for the Bennies.
It is the school's first-ever cross-country title and only the eighth for the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC). Smith won the six-kilometer race in record fashion as well taking the tape in a time of 19 minutes 54 seconds, the first ever runner to record a sub 20-minute race.
It was the third time this year Smith ran a sub 20-minute race and she is the first three-time All-American in cross country for the school as well. She is a senior majoring in mathematics and computer science from Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
READ MORE FROM AUTHOR PAUL HABSTRITT:
- See 3D Photo Exhibit in Little Falls
- New Italian Restaurant to Open in Little Falls
- Little Falls Students Make a Splash for a Good Cause
- Restoring Downtown Little Falls -- One Piece of the Puzzle
- Couple Helping Restore Downtown Little Falls One Building at a Time
- Paynesville to Link to Two Trails Starting in 2024
- Paynesville Native Touring for Latest Novel
The 25 Best Places to Live in Minnesota
Bucket List Attractions in Minnesota - Must Sees