Final 2023 Minnesota Free State Park Day is Friday
UNDATED (WJON News) -- Black Friday marks the 4th and final day of the year when you can visit a state park without a parking permit.
The Free Park Day allows users to enter one of Minnesota's 75 state parks and recreation areas without the usual permit. It does not cover any other amenities or user fees like rentals, camping, or special tours.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources wants users to know the "Key 3". They are to be flexible, arrive prepared, and recreate responsibly.
Parks are busy on these Free Park Days, so consider exploring a new destination.
Arrive prepared by checking alerts and downloading maps before your trip.
And, help conserve the natural spaces by staying on trails and taking everything back out with you.
The DNR says the goal is to get families to spend time together outdoors.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- CentraCare Announces $250,000 Fundraising Match
- Winter Parking Restrictions Return to the St. Cloud Area
- Highway 169 in Elk River Reopens to Traffic
- Highway 23 North Gap Project is completed, Road Reopening
- Minnesota DNR Sets Winter Walleye Bag Limits on Two Popular Lakes
2023 Movies That Got a 0 on Rotten Tomatoes
Misheard Lyrics From Iconic Pop Songs
Gallery Credit: Stacker
15 Rock + Metal Bands Banned by Disney
Gallery Credit: Joe DiVita