Two Men Died in Sherburne County Minibike Crash Saturday
SHERBURNE COUNTY (WJON News) -- Two central Minnesota men are dead after they collided on their minibikes Saturday night.
The two were part of a group of four bikers who were riding along County Road 3 just after 11:00 p.m. The sheriff's office says one of the men sped up and separated from the group and was followed by a second rider who also sped up and became separated from the group.
The remaining two riders who didn't speed up told authorities they saw the other two bikes collide.
Investigators believe the first biker turned around to come back to the group and collided head-on with the 2nd rider.
Authorities say toxicology results are pending to determine whether alcohol was a contributing factor in the crash.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- U-of-M Research Project Reveals New Information on Buckthorn
- Expert: Bumper Crop of Acorns Not Drought-Related
- Last Cooper Avenue Murder Defendant Sentenced
- St. Cloud Mayor Presents 2024 Proposed Budget
- Waite Park Fentanyl Dealer Sentenced
LOOK: How Halloween has changed in the past 100 years
SWEET: Here are the most popular Halloween candies