Sartell Implements 2-Day Lawn Watering Schedule
SARTELL (WJON News) -- Due to the ongoing drought conditions, Sartell has announced they are implementing a two-day watering schedule.
Starting Monday, even house numbers are asked to limit lawn watering to Mondays from 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. Fridays.
Odd house numbers can water lawns on Tuesdays from 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. Wednesdays and on Fridays from 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. Saturdays.
The city says this is an effort to avoid a complete water ban and to preserve the city's drinking water supply, as well as ensure fire safety.
The Minnesota DNR is recommending communities ban any non-essential outdoor water use, especially lawn irrigation, power washing, and swimming pool filling.
Officially at the St. Cloud Regional Airport, we've had 6.45 inches of rain so far during the summer months of June, July and August. That's 3.42 inches below normal.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Downtown St. Cloud Is Coming Back with Big Changes
- Minnesota Weather Outlook for August
- Over 80 Percent of Minnesota Now in a Drought
- Hottest Day on Record in Minnesota, St. Cloud
- Liquor License Approved for New Bar, Restaurant in Sauk Rapids