Metro Citizens Police Academy Accepting Applications
The Academy is a ten-week course offered to citizens and members of local and government organizations. The classes closely parallel some of the training police officers experience but does not promote someone into a law enforcement capacity.
Training will include:
- Community policing
- Domestic crisis intervention
- Defensive tactics
- Crime Scene
- Specialized units
Classes are Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 9:00 starting September 8th. The classes will be held at various local departments and locations. Organizers are looking for a diverse group of applicants with an interest in police procedures, law enforcement training, arrest procedures, and general police practices.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Not have a criminal record
- Reside within St. Cloud, St. Joseph, Sartell, Sauk Rapids, Waite Park, and Stearns County.
To find out if you’re eligible for the Metro Citizens Police Academy, and to fill out an application, find the application here.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- St. Cloud's Lincoln Center Closed Indefinitely
- Rapids Alterations Closing in June
- St. Cloud Hospital Plans Events for Stroke Awareness Month