How Much Minnesotans Have Spent On Lottery Tickets in 2023
A new study has just been released that shows just how much money we're shelling out for a chance to dream big.
The website SuperCasinoSites has broken down the numbers. They say in Minnesota so far this year (through October 10th, 2023) we have spent over $81.4 million on Powerball tickets and just over $53.8 million on Mega Millions tickets, for a combined total of over $135.2 million in just those two games alone.
Their study says with a population of over 5.7 million that breaks down to about $23.66 per person.
Per Capita tickets spent is the highest in New Jersey at $55.77 closely followed by New Hampshire at $54.92. Residents of Arkansas and Oklahoma spend the least per capita at $19.48 and $19.75.
Wednesday night's Powerball jackpot is up to an estimated $1.725 billion, or $756.5 million for the cash option.
The next Mega Millions drawing is on Friday with an estimated jackpot of $48 million, with a cash option of $21.2 million.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Gas Prices Drop Sharply in Minnesota, Nationally
- Whit's Craft in Downtown St. Cloud sets opening date
- Benton County Historical Society Buying Neighbor Property
- Jimmy Buffett Tribute Band Coming to St. Cloud
- Splash Pads, Upgrades Coming to Three St. Cloud Parks
- Shadows and Spirits Tour at Minnesota Capitol
LOOK: Baby boomer baby names that have gone out of style
Gallery Credit: Elizabeth Jackson