Witnesses Pull Two People from Vehicle in Fiery Crash
HOLMES CITY (WJON News) -- Several people stopped to help pull two elderly people from their vehicle as it started on fire.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office says the incident happened at about 4:45 p.m. Monday south of Alexandria.
Deputies got a call of a crash on County Road 4 after witnesses reported a vehicle left the road and struck a large pine tree.
Before emergency crews arrived on the scene, several individuals stopped to help and pulled both occupants from the vehicle as it had started on fire.
Ninety-two-year-old John Plusa and his wife 86-year-old Mary Plusa of rural Alexandria were taken to Alomere Hospital and later transferred to St. Cloud Hospital. The Sheriff's Office says both are in stable condition.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Year Round Allegiant Service Returning to St. Cloud Airport
- St. Cloud's Zonta Christmas House Showcasing Holiday Displays
- Civil Engineer Uses Drone to Reunite Lost Dog, Owner in St. Cloud
- Quite Oaks Providing Hospice Care in St. Cloud for 15 Years
- St. Joseph Preparing for County Road 75 Bridge Closure