Update: Clean Up Begins On Train Derailment Site
They say BNSF has confirmed that 22 cars derailed at about 1:00 a.m. Thursday.
The cars involved included ethanol and corn syrup. There were no other hazardous materials involved or on the train and no injuries as a result of the incident.
BNSF is beginning to move rail cars in order to safely access the cars that are still burning.
The EPA is on-site monitoring the air.
The incident is under investigation and the National Transportation Safety Board is on site.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Gas Prices in Minnesota Fell Again Last Week
- Stearns County Considering Options for New Justice Complex
- Park Amenities Major Theme for Sauk Rapids State of the City
- St. Cloud Slim Chickens Sets Opening Date
- Sauk Rapids-Rice Culinary Team Advances to Nationals