State Patrol: Woman Killed By Hit and Run Driver
ONAMIA (WJON News) -- Authorities are investigating after a pedestrian was killed by a hit-and-run driver.
The Minnesota State Patrol says the incident happened just before 5:00 p.m. Monday on Highway 169 near Onamia in Mille Lacs County.
Fifty-six-year-old Dr. Cathy Donovan of Onamia was walking along the highway when she was struck by a northbound vehicle.
The Mille Lacs County Sheriff says the early stages of the investigation appears she was out walking her dogs when they were struck. One of the dogs also died while the other one survived.
They do not have a description of the vehicle involved and they are seeking the public's help. The vehicle will likely have front-end damage.
Donovan was a long-time provider at the Mille Lacs Health System in Onamia.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Year Round Allegiant Service Returning to St. Cloud Airport
- St. Cloud's Zonta Christmas House Showcasing Holiday Displays
- Civil Engineer Uses Drone to Reunite Lost Dog, Owner in St. Cloud
- Quite Oaks Providing Hospice Care in St. Cloud for 15 Years
- St. Joseph Preparing for County Road 75 Bridge Closure