Freeze Warning Issued for Central, Northern Minnesota
It will be in effect from 1:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. Tuesday.
Subfreezing temperatures as low as 30 degrees can be expected.
Frost and freeze conditions will kill crops, other sensitive vegetation and possibly damage unprotected outdoor plumbing.
The southern third of the state will be under a Frost Advisory.
Take steps now to protect tender plants from the cold.
To prevent freezing and possible bursting of outdoor water pipes they should be wrapped, drained, or allowed to drip slowly. Those that have in-ground sprinkler systems should drain them and cover above- ground pipes to protect them from freezing.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Gas Prices Drop Sharply in Minnesota, Nationally
- Whit's Craft in Downtown St. Cloud sets opening date
- Benton County Historical Society Buying Neighbor Property
- Jimmy Buffett Tribute Band Coming to St. Cloud
- Splash Pads, Upgrades Coming to Three St. Cloud Parks
- Shadows and Spirits Tour at Minnesota Capitol
LOOK: Controversial songs from the year you were born
Gallery Credit: Stacker